Boutique firm based in Midtown is seeking an Office Manager with substantial business management and bookkeeping experience to ensure proper functioning of the office as well as well as perform all accounts payable and bookkeeping functions.
The Office Manager will report directly to the CFO.
He/she will support an office of approximately 12 people.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Office/Business Manager will be responsible for:
All accounts payable functions, including:
- All invoice processing and payment
- Payment of all personal bills for 2 partners of the firm and their homes
- Generation of wire transfers
- Cash management
- Processing expense reports for all office staff
- Coordinating and supervising purchases
- Choosing appropriate vendors and service contractors for office and partnersí homes
- Reviewing contracts
- Supervising and ensuring proper filing system of large amounts of information
- Ensuring proper functioning of the office by interfacing with building management, IT providers and any other suppliers and service contractors
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of office
- Managing and setting up of conference room for meetings
- Coordinating travel for partners in the absence of administrative assistant
- Coordinating payroll for 3 different entities, with a total of 10-15 employees
- Managing benefits (health insurance, 401Ks, tracking of vacation time)
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Creating and enforcing an employee manual
- Maintaining accounting ledgers by posting account transactions
- Verifying accounts by reconciling statements and transactions
- Communicating with various bank relationships
- Maintaining appropriate bank records for large number of bank accounts
- Resolving account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments
- Working with CFO to determine and follow internal accounting controls
- Assisting the CFO with duties as needed.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of strong bookkeeping and accounts payable experience
- Bachelors degree, preferably in accounting or finance
- Solid data entry skills and general math skills
- Experience with Quicken and Quickbooks
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
He/she will be able to:
- Able to work under pressure and multi-task
- Deal with large amount of information and complex situations
- Be discrete and handle confidential information
- Have flexibility and willingness to take on any task at hand
- Work independently and also as part of a team
MUST SPEAK, READ AND WRITE SPANISH FLUENTLY.
The reply limit date has expired
Reply before: Aug 31, 2015