Male/Female Counselors /Assistant counselors Wanted for French-Speaking Day Camp
Job: Summer Day Camp Counselor
Location: PS 58, Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn and PS 84, Upper West Side, Manhattan
Dates: July 9 through August 31, 2012 (8 weeks total)
Hours: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, with rotational rounds of extended hours, 8:00 - 6:00 PM
• Assistants must be 16 or older
• Counselors must be entering college or in college (or graduated!)
• Must have previous experience working with children, ages 4-11.
• Candidates should be personable, energetic (not afraid of physical activities), responsible, team-oriented and creative
• Must be willing to work the shared extended hours shift of 8:00 - 6:30 PM
• Certifications in CPR, FIRST AID, LIFEGUARD are a plus! (although not mandatory).
• Camp environment is relaxed, stimulating, fun and nurturing; looking to hire someone with that perspective and vision
• All staff must be dedicated to make everyday a wonderful experience for campers. Having fun yourselves is greatly encouraged
• Comfortable with peer collaboration
• All camp activities are conducted in French and our priority is to find Counselors comfortable with French. The use of English is kept to a minimum.
• Activities for campers include water games, swimming, arts, crafts, field trips, sports, drama and group games.
• Every week is built around a theme; staff is expected to plan all activities around that theme. Staff is not employed in a role of babysitter for the campers. Staff must actively participate in the planning and performing of all activities. Creativity is certainly welcome!!!!
1. Please send your up-to-date resume and in your cover letter, tell us about yourself, especially as it pertains to the areas mentioned above. Please include an email address.
2. If you are officially trained in CPR, First Aid, or as a Lifeguard, include a copy of that certification.
Interviews will be conducted in February. All staff must attend two orientation sessions (TBA) before camp begins.
Salary is based upon experience.
La date limite des réponses a expiré
Répondre avant le: 14 Fév 2012