Male/Female Counselors Wanted for French Language Summer Day Camp
Job: Summer Day Camp Counselor
Location: PS 58, (Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn), PS 84 (UWS), Lyceum Kennedy (Midtown and Ardsley)
Dates: July 1 through August 23, 2013; [7 ½ weeks total]
Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, including rotational rounds of the Extended Hours Program,
8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
• Candidates must be either: entering college, in college currently, or a college graduate.
• French fluent (French native is preferred)
• Must have previous, positive experience working with children, ages 4 -11.
• Candidates should be personable, energetic (must participate in all camp physical activities), responsible, team-oriented and creative.
• Candidates must have a skill in one or more of the following areas: dance, sports, theater, singing
• Must be willing to work the shared Extended Hours Program, 8:00 - 6:30 PM
• Certifications in CPR, FIRST AID, LIFEGUARD are a plus (not mandatory).
• The camp environment is relaxed, stimulating, fun and nurturing; our staff must have that perspective and vision.
• All staff must be dedicated to making every day a memorable experience for campers. Being able to have fun oneself is greatly encouraged, as it enhances the young campers’ experience.
• Our staff must be comfortable with on-going peer collaboration.
• All camp activities are conducted in French and our priority is to find Counselors comfortable with French. The use of English is kept to a minimum.
• Activities for campers include water games, swimming, arts, crafts, field trips, sports, drama and group games.
• Each week is built around a different theme; staff is expected to plan all activities around that theme. Our staff is not employed in the role of babysitter for campers. Staff must actively participate in the planning and performing of all activities. Creativity is certainly welcome!!!!
All new employees must attend a one-week orientation in June prior to the beginning of the camp season. During the first three days of the orientation, new employees learn the activities they will lead, including French-language games and songs. They are also briefed on relevant characteristics of registered campers, the philosophy of BONJOUR NY, and lessons learned from previous camps, etc. The final two days of orientation are spent at the camp sites, where staff set up their rooms and orient themselves to the entire site, including working safety exits, the location of all safety equipment, potentially dangerous spots on the playground, etc.
1. Please send your up-to-date resume with at least two references and in your included cover letter, tell us about yourself, especially as it pertains to the areas mentioned above. Please include a current email address. Include documentation of your schooling and of your prior experience working with children.
2. If you are officially trained in CPR, First Aid, or as a Lifeguard, include a copy of that certification.
Interviews will be conducted in April. All staff must attend two orientation sessions (TBA) before camp begins.
Salary is based upon experience.
La date limite des réponses a expiré
Répondre avant le: 31 Mai 2013